is located in the most prosperous downtown. It is the oldest temple
in history in Fengshan. It was built earlier than Fengshan’s Lung-Shan
Temple(龍山寺). It worships Kuan-Yin Buddha(觀音菩薩). In 1753 D.C.
the newly-constructed front palace was built to worship Holy Goddess(天上聖母).
The believers called the two pavilions as Shuan-Tsung Ting in memory
of the two Goddesses’ love for the believers. The local people used
to call it Tien- Hou Temple(天后宮) 、Ma-Tsou Temple (媽祖廟) or Ta
Temple(大廟). It was rebuild four times and thus lost its original
design. So it is not listed in the historic site, but it still preserves
many ancient horizontal inscribed wooden couplets and stone tablets
which tell the history of the temple.
國家圖書館著作權聲明 Copyright 2004 National Central Library 鳳邑赤山文史工作室 製作